Here’s to all the picture runs in the last month that didn’t get their own write up….
Some amount of mileage
It’s a blustery day outside, a Winter Storm Watch has been issued for Sunday to Monday, and I’m resting here on the couch trying to recover from an intestinal infection that sent me to the ER yesterday. I haven’t run in a whole week because I’ve been laid up by what I thought was an IBS flare up and what turned out to be something bacterial. So while I have time that I wasn’t expecting, I thought I’d catch you all up on my December running.
December is always a busy month and this year was no different. And even though I never had a moment to write, I was still out picture running whenever I could. Soo here is the December wrap up in no particular order:
1. There was the one where I left the house to run and take a sunset picture, only to find the prettiest sunset back at home.
2. There was the run where I only meant to run 3 miles, but I ended up having to run 6. I thought I could run a loop, but it turned out the road didn’t connect and I would have had to run across a narrow bridge with no shoulder. There was too much traffic so I didn’t want to risk it. Anyway, I had to turn around and run back the way I came.
3. There was the run with my sister on Thanksgiving. It was so nice to run the Eight Acres Trail with someone else. My daughter and the dog came for part of the run too. It was a family affair. 🙂 And we were all so glad to have gotten a run in before the ice storm hit the next day.
4. There was the Saturday run with the dog where I said, “Come on Lou!” like 50 thousand times. She kept going off to sniff and discover her own thing. But she got some exercise and I got a break from finals studying.
5. There was the run with my daughter which turned into almost a nothing run because she kept saying “wait for me!” and I kept telling her to just play in the yard because she couldn’t run the whole thing. That was the same run where most of my pictures were a flop and the best picture I took ended up being on my iphone (The Picture).
And there were other none picture runs too. Like the 2 mile run I did last Friday where I wanted to run further but I also had to go to the grocery store. So I quit running early so I could sneak in a grocery trip before picking my daughter up from the last day of school. Best decision ever. Who wants to go to the store after school anyway? And then there were a couple gymnastics runs too that I didn’t have my camera for.
I thought I would get a lot of running done over Christmas break, but instead I’ve been out for the count. I might be able to run a little next week, but right now just trying to get healthy. Regardless, next week I’m planning an end of year review, so stay tuned for that! 🙂